- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- the molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add
- eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to
- larger pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is
- just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water
- bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife
- around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without chocolate drizzle) equals 451 calories, 33 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.