This is my twist on Christmas gingerbread...cheesecake-style! I like to garnish it with small gingerbread men all the way around the sides and a dollop of whipping cream on each slice. —Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melted chocolate, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gingerbread Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p53
Reviews for Gingerbread Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review