Gingerbread Caramel Crunch Recipe
If you love gingerbread, you won't be able to resist this crispy, crunchy 'corn. Munch it yourself or share it as a tasty gift! —Lynne Weigle-Snow, Alexandria, Virginia
- 14 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; set aside. Butter the sides of a small heavy saucepan; add the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, molasses, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Stir in vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
1 cup equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Caramel Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC