- 14 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place popcorn in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; set aside. Butter the sides of a small heavy saucepan; add the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, molasses, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Stir in vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Gingerbread Caramel Crunch
Sort By :
"Added a 1/4 t. clove, otherwise, made by the reicpe. Usually make Courtside Caramel Corn reicpe (which I LOVE!) but this was also excellent!"
"I make this every year for Christmas and include it in treat bags for neighbors and co-workers. I quadruple the batch!"
"Good! Had to use honey instead of corn syrup since I didn't have any syrup on hand. Might used another reviewers suggestion and add cloves next time. Reminded me of Cracker Jack!"
"We loved it! Great flavor and crunch! The time is worth it."
"Make this even easier by using a microwaveable container. Just put all ingredients (except popcorn, soda and vanilla)into the bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir. Microwave 2 more minutes then add your soda and vanilla. At this point I also add in toasted, chopped pecans."