Gingerbread Cake Mix Recipe
In Columbus Junction, Iowa, Ruth Seitz puts together this mixture so she can bake moist, nicely spiced gingerbread in no time. It's especially handy during the hectic holiday season.
- 6-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (10 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cake: In a large bowl, lightly beat egg, water and molasses. Add 2 cups cake mix; beat until well blended. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings per batch.
1 piece: 218 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Gingerbread Cake Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC