Gingerbread Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
We created this recipe so folks could enjoy the festive flavor of gingerbread at breakfast. For a pretty look, sprinkle the waffles with confectioners’ sugar.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the brown sugar and egg yolk until fluffy; add the buttermilk, molasses and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
In another small bowl, beat the egg white and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Quickly spoon onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 8 waffles.
1 serving (2 each) equals 353 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Buttermilk Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC