Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
Cranberries and almonds pair well with the mild gingerbread flavor in these cookies from our Test Kitchen. The crisp cookies taste terrific with a steaming cup of coffee.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and cranberries.
- 2. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 14-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 18 slices. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 118 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC