Cranberries and almonds pair well with the mild gingerbread flavor in these cookies from our Test Kitchen. The crisp cookies taste terrific with a steaming cup of coffee.
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 14-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 18 slices. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Biscotti in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005 , p103
Reviews for Gingerbread Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2011
"I made these without cranberries and chopped almonds because that is what I had. They are very good and quite easy to make."
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2011
"Yum... look, smell, and taste delicious!"
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2011
"Very easy to make and turned out perfectly."