- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, buttermilk, butter, molasses and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated round Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all icing ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with waffles. Yield: 6 round waffles (1-1/2 cups icing).
Originally published as Gingerbread Belgian Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p191
Reviews for Gingerbread Belgian Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review