I like to combine the sweet and spicy taste of gingerbread with the cool and dreamy taste of cream cheese frosting. It's a heavenly way to start the day! —Jannine Fisk, Malden, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat first four ingredients until smooth; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, then milk. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat Belgian waffle maker. Whisk together first eight waffle ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, melted butter, molasses and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into batter. Bake waffles according to manufacturers' directions. Drizzle with icing. Yield: about 6 round waffles (1-1/2 cups icing).
Originally published as Gingerbread Belgian Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p191
Reviews for Gingerbread Belgian Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review