- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-2/3 cups canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Optional toppings: caramel topping, toasted pecans and gingersnap cookies
- Prepare and bake gingerbread cake according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions; stir in brown sugar and pie mix. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Cut or break gingerbread into 3/4-in. pieces. In ten 12-oz. glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of each of the following: cake, pumpkin mixture and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Top as desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Gingerbread & Pumpkin Cream Trifle
"This was a big hit at Thanksgiving. I made it in individual glass goblets instead of one large trifle bowl. It is as pretty as it is delicious."
"I'd take this over pumpkin pie any day!"