Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
Green beans blend nicely with the broccoli, carrots, red onion and sweet potato in this well-seasoned side dish. "I created this colorful combination from the last remaining items in our refrigerator before a long vacation," says Jennifer Maslowski, New York, New York.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup julienned peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot, broccoli and beans in oil for 8 minutes. Add sweet potato and onion; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the soy sauce mixture; add to the skillet with garlic, rosemary, ginger, and pepper flakes if desired. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p11
Reviews for Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review