- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pound tuna steaks, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 pickled ginger slices
- 1 bunch watercress, optional
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and vinegar; add the tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain tuna and pat dry; discard marinade. Sprinkle tuna with sesame seeds and pepper. In a large skillet, brown tuna on all sides until medium rare or slightly pink in the center; remove from skillet.
- On each of 16 wooden appetizer skewers, thread one ginger slice and one tuna cube. Arrange on a serving platter lined with watercress if desired. Serve with wasabi mayonnaise. Yield: 16 kabobs.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ginger-Tuna Kabobs(3)
Sort By :
I doubled the recipe the first time I made it as an appetizer and it got rave reviews and requests for the recipe.
Best tuna I've ever made. Used Albacore from Costco, but will try Ahi next time.
These were absolutely fantastic! We made a special ginger teriyaki mayo by mixing a ginger teriyaki marinating sauce with regular mayo. The flavors in this recipe are absolutely divine and we WILL ba making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >