- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pound tuna steaks, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 pickled ginger slices
- 1 bunch watercress, optional
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and vinegar; add the tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain tuna and pat dry; discard marinade. Sprinkle tuna with sesame seeds and pepper. In a large skillet, brown tuna on all sides until medium rare or slightly pink in the center; remove from skillet.
- On each of 16 wooden appetizer skewers, thread one ginger slice and one tuna cube. Arrange on a serving platter lined with watercress if desired. Serve with wasabi mayonnaise. Yield: 16 kabobs.
Originally published as Ginger-Tuna Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p21
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ginger-Tuna Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review