Ginger Thins Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Melted semisweet chocolate and chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy; set remaining sugar aside. Beat in molasses and coffee to creamed mixture. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture until well combined (dough will be soft).
- 2. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes. Shape dough into a 7-in. roll; flatten to 1-in. thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with reserved sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dip cookies in melted chocolate and sprinkle with ginger. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 81 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0.550g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Ginger Thins
"This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Easy to make and very tasty ."
"WARNING: this recipe needs to be frozen overnight so make sure you leave yourself enough time to prepare! Very tasty and nice crispy texture. I'm sure to make them again."