Ginger Thins Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Melted semisweet chocolate and chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy; set remaining sugar aside. Beat in molasses and coffee to creamed mixture. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture until well combined (dough will be soft).
- 2. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes. Shape dough into a 7-in. roll; flatten to 1-in. thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with reserved sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dip cookies in melted chocolate and sprinkle with ginger. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 81 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Ginger Thins
"This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Easy to make and very tasty ."
"WARNING: this recipe needs to be frozen overnight so make sure you leave yourself enough time to prepare! Very tasty and nice crispy texture. I'm sure to make them again."