- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy; set remaining sugar aside. Beat in molasses and coffee to creamed mixture. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to creamed mixture until well combined (dough will be soft).
- Cover and freeze for 15 minutes. Shape dough into a 7-in. roll; flatten to 1-in. thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with reserved sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Thins in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p50
Reviews for Ginger Thins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 31, 2011
WARNING: this recipe needs to be frozen overnight so make sure you leave yourself enough time to prepare! Very tasty and nice crispy texture. I'm sure to make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >