Ginger Tea Drink Recipe
Looking for something new and special to serve to guests? Let a soothing green tea simmer while you concentrate on preparing other dishes for your gathering. Everyone is sure to ask for the recipe. —Alexandra Marcotty, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- 4 cups boiling water
- 15 individual green tea bags
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Crystallized ginger, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- 2. Strain if desired before serving warm. Garnish with crystallized ginger if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC