Ginger Sweet Potato
Serve up a fantastic side dish with this scrumptious recipe from Susan LeBrun of Sulphur, Louisiana. The spice of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with sweet potato and maple syrup.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender;
- drain. In a small bowl, mash potato with remaining ingredients.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.