Ginger Sweet Potato Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. In a small bowl, mash potato with remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Sweet Potato
"If I could do zero stars I would. I love sweet potatoes. . There is a hint of the ginger but that's allthe flavor you can taste. The crystalized ginger isn't cheep. It was a waste of money no one would eat it And I made a double recipe."