Serve up a fantastic side dish with this scrumptious recipe from Susan LeBrun of Sulphur, Louisiana. The spice of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with sweet potato and maple syrup.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. In a small bowl, mash potato with remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Sweet Potato in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p16
Reviews for Ginger Sweet Potato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2015
"If I could do zero stars I would. I love sweet potatoes. . There is a hint of the ginger but that's allthe flavor you can taste. The crystalized ginger isn't cheep. It was a waste of money no one would eat it And I made a double recipe."