Ginger Steak Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until no liquid egg remains, breaking up eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- 2. In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry
- 3. 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce; remove from pan.
- 4. Add coleslaw mix, peas, ginger and garlic to the pan; cook and stir until coleslaw mix is crisp-tender. Add rice and remaining soy sauce, tossing to combine rice with vegetable mixture; heat through. Stir in cooked eggs, beef and green onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 346 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Steak Fried Rice
"This dish is totally worth the effort and the many steps to make it. I will be making this again and again."
"Lots of veggies in the one! Delicious flavor and got hubbies approval too. :)"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.