Ginger Steak Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until no liquid egg remains, breaking up eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- 2. In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry
- 3. 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce; remove from pan.
- 4. Add coleslaw mix, peas, ginger and garlic to the pan; cook and stir until coleslaw mix is crisp-tender. Add rice and remaining soy sauce, tossing to combine rice with vegetable mixture; heat through. Stir in cooked eggs, beef and green onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 346 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Steak Fried Rice
"Wow, the broccoli slaw was a great call in this fried rice, it added so much great flavor. Easy to make. Will definitely make again."
"This dish is totally worth the effort and the many steps to make it. I will be making this again and again."
"Lots of veggies in the one! Delicious flavor and got hubbies approval too. :)"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.