Ginger Steak Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until no liquid egg remains, breaking up eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry
- 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce; remove from pan.
- Add coleslaw mix, peas, ginger and garlic to the pan; cook and stir until coleslaw mix is crisp-tender. Add rice and remaining soy sauce, tossing to combine rice with vegetable mixture and heat through. Stir in cooked eggs, beef and green onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Steak Fried Rice in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p26
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ginger Steak Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Lots of veggies in the one! Delicious flavor and got hubbies approval too. :)"