Ginger Spiced Pork Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Spiced Pork
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.