Ginger Sirloin Strips
"A wonderful blend of fruity flavors with just the right touch of ginger makes this fabulous stir-fry dish a winner with our family," writes Jill Cox of Lincoln, Nebraska. "I came up with the recipe one night while experimenting with ways to do something new with beef strips!"
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a
- small bowl, combine cornstarch and juices until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and ginger in oil until meat
- is no longer pink. Add the cranberry sauce, onions and pineapple.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to skillet; cook and stir
- until slightly thickened. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a