Ginger Sirloin Strips Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and juices until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add the cranberry sauce, onions and pineapple. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 303 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Sirloin Strips
"I did not care for this at all; way too sweet for me."
"Awesome - my family loved it and we can't wait to have it again! This is a great dish!"
"Yum! I substituted left-over Thanksgiving turkey for the sirloin and modified the cooking instructions accordingly. I look forward to using the sirloin next time."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.