"A wonderful blend of fruity flavors with just the right touch of ginger makes this fabulous stir-fry dish a winner with our family," writes Jill Cox of Lincoln, Nebraska. "I came up with the recipe one night while experimenting with ways to do something new with beef strips!"
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and juices until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add the cranberry sauce, onions and pineapple. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Sirloin Strips in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ginger Sirloin Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review