Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry
Michelle Bentley of Waukesha, Wisconsin knows how to throw together a mouthwatering stir-fry. Ginger and red pepper flakes perk up this appealing seafood dish.Michelle Bentley, Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a
- small skillet, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink.
- Stir sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 246 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,