Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a small skillet, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Stir sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 246 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.