- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a small skillet, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I've made this recipe several times and it's always delicious. The ginger sauce tastes first class. I usually double it. The "ketchup" might not sound first class but you will be positively surprised! I serve it with stir-fry veggies instead of rice to cut down on carbs. It's a great alternative to shrimp and cocktail sauce and it's good hot or cold.
This was great. I made it last week and doubled the recipe for 4 servings and added snap peas. Would certainly make this again.
Very easy to make. I followed the directions exactly. Had a wonderful ginger smell and taste.
This is great, quick and easy (faster if not using RAW shrimp). I modified it by using chunky salsa instead of ketchup, chopped ginger from a jar, eliminated the sugar, olive oil instead of canola oil. I served it over wild brown rice. Definitely a keeper.
This dish was excellent! I used chicken instead of shrimp. I also threw in squash and zuchini. Agree to double the ingredients for the sauce, but even so, it was very good. The kids loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >