Michelle Bentley of Waukesha, Wisconsin knows how to throw together a mouthwatering stir-fry. Ginger and red pepper flakes perk up this appealing seafood dish.—Michelle Bentley, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a small skillet, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review