Ginger Shortbread Wedges
Rich, buttery and lightly spiced with ginger, this shortbread couldn't be tastier. Plus, since it uses pantry staples, it makes a handy last-minute gift.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and ginger. Add flour; mix well
- (dough will be crumbly). Press dough into an ungreased 8-in. round
- baking pan. Using a fork, prick score lines to form eight wedges.
- Bake at 325° for 32-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately cut into wedges along score marks. Cool in pan on a wire
- rack. Yield: 8 wedges.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.