Ginger Shortbread Cookies Recipe
The traditional holiday flavor of gingerbread meets the buttery goodness of shortbread in this irresistible cookie. Pretty flecks of candied ginger make the treats a pretty addition to any cookie platter.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, ground ginger, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and crystallized ginger.
- 2. Shape into two 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Ginger Shortbread Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC