A homage to my father’s Laotian roots, this warm salad is traditionally prepared with baby bok choy, snow peas, peapod shoots and baby mustard greens. Just use any seasonal green vegetables you like. —Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro and julienned fresh gingerroot
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- In a stockpot, place steamer insert or basket over 2 in. of water. Place green beans, broccoli and carrots in insert. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam vegetables, covered, 5-7 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add ginger mixture; toss to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and julienned ginger. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Sesame Steamed Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Ginger-Sesame Steamed Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review