Ginger-Sesame Steamed Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro and julienned fresh gingerroot
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- In a stockpot, place steamer insert or basket over 2 in. of water. Place green beans, broccoli and carrots in insert. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam vegetables, covered, 5-7 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add ginger mixture; toss to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and julienned ginger. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ginger-Sesame Steamed Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
Delicious veggies! I omitted the sugar as I didn't think it was necessary to achieve a good flavor and I don't like my food sweet. Also it pays to get yourself a good fish sauce for that authentic flavor as well as a premium soy sauce as opposed to the nasty soy sauce you find in most grocery stores. Go to a specialty store or amazon and get a good premium soy sauce, so worth it. Can't wait to make this recipe again!
I make a lot of Thai food, and this was simple, delicious, and Asian-tasting. I do think the dressing flavors could have been a little stronger. I used broccoli and carrots; I omitted the other veggies for lack of time.
Loved the flavors in this salad. The only reason I wouldn't make it again is because I'm terrible at steaming vegetables and mine were too soft. I had to add a little salt, otherwise I thought the ginger-sesame sauce was perfect.