Ginger Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 318 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.