Ginger Sesame Chicken for 2 Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Sesame Chicken for 2
"I enjoyed this recipe. I chose it because I happened to have everything on hand which is always a plus! I would recommend toasting the sesame seeds before adding them to the mixture as they were pretty crunchy in the finished product. Overall, it was a good meal."