Oh what fun it is to prepare a heavenly salmon with only five ingredients. My dressing serves as a glaze and a flavor-booster for the rice. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, FL
Recommended: How to Cook in Foil Packets
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with 3 tablespoons salad dressing. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Brush with remaining salad dressing.
- Meanwhile, place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add carrot and half of the green onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork; serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Salmon with Brown Rice in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ginger Salmon with Brown Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review