Ginger Salmon Salad
“Whenever I serve this salad to company, people always tell me they love it,” Nancee Melin assures from Tucson, Arizona. “After trying something similar at a restaurant, I duplicated it from taste and memory at home. It’s a cinch to prepare and cooks in no time. If you prefer, you can easily change the fruit depending on what’s in season.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup sliced peeled mango
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey and ginger; set aside
- 1/2 cup for serving.
- Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2
- cup lime juice mixture over salmon. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork,
- basting occasionally with remaining lime juice mixture. Sprinkle
- with salt.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with salmon and mango.
- Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 479 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon