Ginger Salmon Salad Recipe
“Whenever I serve this salad to company, people always tell me they love it,” Nancee Melin assures from Tucson, Arizona. “After trying something similar at a restaurant, I duplicated it from taste and memory at home. It’s a cinch to prepare and cooks in no time. If you prefer, you can easily change the fruit depending on what’s in season.”
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup sliced peeled mango
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey and ginger; set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
- Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup lime juice mixture over salmon. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining lime juice mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with salmon and mango. Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Salmon Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Salmon Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2012
This was ok but not great. It was really lacking any depth of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >
- Salmon Recipes >
- Salmon Salad Recipes >