- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GINGERSNAP STREUSEL:
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Place plate on a baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, pie spice and salt. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, pecans, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pumpkin Pie with Streusel in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p49
Reviews for Ginger Pumpkin Pie with Streusel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review