Ginger Pound Cake Recipe
When I need to take a cake to a potluck dinner in fall, this is the recipe I reach for. The tall cake looks so attractive and tastes great.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in ginger and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 355 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Ginger Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC