Ginger Pound Cake S'mores
Kids and adults won't be able to resist this fun spin on campfire S'mores. Pound cake replaces the traditional graham cracker while crystalized ginger adds a unique flavor twist. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 large marshmallows
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate candy bars, broken into eight pieces
- 8 teaspoons crystallized ginger, optional
- 16 slices pound cake (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Cut each marshmallow lengthwise into four slices. Place the
- chocolate, four marshmallow slices and ginger if desired on each of
- eight cake slices; top with remaining cake. Spread outsides of cake
- slices with butter.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or
- until toasted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 s'more equals 382 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.