Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and wine or broth until smooth. Add to pork mixture with onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; place 6 cups in a large serving bowl. Add pork mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining spaghetti. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 451 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti
"Super easy and tasty too, but I wouldn't salt the pasta water if I were you. The soy sauce in the recipe adds enough salty flavor. Just sayin'...."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.