- 2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and wine or broth until smooth. Add to pork mixture with onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain spaghetti; place 6 cups in a large serving bowl. Add pork mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining spaghetti. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2013
"Super easy and tasty too, but I wouldn't salt the pasta water if I were you. The soy sauce in the recipe adds enough salty flavor. Just sayin'...."