Ginger Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Ginger Pork Chops
"I found this to be very good the way it is but made 3 chops and the amount was just right."
"These are delicious but you will want to modify the sauce to fit your own tastes. 2 TBLSP soy sauce is way, way too much and you don't need a whole 1/4 cup of honey. I used 1 tblsp soy sauce, 2 tblsp honey, the ginger and a little water, about 1/4 cup. Instead of broiling the chops I cooked them on top of the stove for 5 minutes on each side, removed them from the pan while I made the sauce and then added them back in to heat up with the sauce. I thought they were really good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.