Ginger Pork Chops Recipe
A pleasant combination of honey, soy sauce and ginger glazes these tender pork chops and makes them seem special. Serve with buttered green beans and instant mashed potatoes as shown in the photo above right. Or complete the meal with peas and scalloped potatoes from a boxed mix.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC