- Discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook
- pork chops in oil for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add
- reserved marinade; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove
- chops from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to
- skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and clear.
- Meanwhile, toss onions in oil in a large skillet. Cover and cook over
- medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and
- stir for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the ginger ale,
- salt and cayenne; cook 5 minutes longer. Top each chop with
- caramelized onions and serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.