A pleasant combination of honey, soy sauce and ginger glazes these tender pork chops and makes them seem special. Serve with buttered green beans and instant mashed potatoes as shown in the photo above right. Or complete the meal with peas and scalloped potatoes from a boxed mix.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pork Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review