- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 10 medium)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums on pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold pastry edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Plum Tart in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p41
Reviews for Ginger Plum Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2010
"not too sweet, served with custard"