Ginger Plum Tart Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s pretty as a picture? Try this mouthwatering tart from our Test Kitchen. For an extra-special effect, crown it with a scoop of low-fat ice cream, yogurt or a dollop of reduced-fat whipped topping.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups sliced unpeeled fresh plums
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix cornstarch and 3 tablespoons sugar; add plums and toss to coat. Arrange plums in a pinwheel pattern on pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold pastry edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Plum Tart in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p41
Reviews for Ginger Plum Tart(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >