Ginger Plum Tart
Sweet cravings, begone: This free-form plum tart is done in only 35 minutes. Plus, it extra-awesome when served warm. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 10 medium)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet.
- Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch.
- Arrange plums on pastry in a pinwheel pattern to within 2 in. of
- edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold pastry edge over plums, pleating
- as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded pastry.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a
- wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium,