Sweet cravings, begone: This free-form plum tart is done in only 35 minutes. Plus, it extra-awesome when served warm. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 10 medium)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums on pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold pastry edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Plum Tart in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p41
Reviews for Ginger Plum Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2010
"not too sweet, served with custard"