- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 10 medium)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums on pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold pastry edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ginger Plum Tart
"I'm pie crust challenged, so I'm happy to take advantage of a store bought pastry. It's not overly sweet, which showcases the taste of the plums and I served it with some vanilla ice cream. Freshly whipped cream would be another great choice. Don't like plums? Give it a try with apples, pears or peaches, they'd all work well with the ginger."
"not too sweet, served with custard"