Ginger Plum Stir-Fry Recipe
"Here's a great way to get in your vegetables," promises Evelyn Joan Brewer of Bluffton, Indiana. "I lightened up the original recipe by using soy crumbles instead of sausage. I serve it over cooked rice."
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce and plum sauce until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry red pepper and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add coleslaw mix and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetarian meat crumbles. Stir broth mixture; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and crumbles are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Plum Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p61
Reviews for Ginger Plum Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >