Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 each large green and sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger. In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and half of the soy sauce mixture until smooth; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir reserved soy sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return peppers to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 235 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry
"Tasty, Easy To Prepare"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.