This wonderful recipe has been in my files for years. The chunks of fresh pear make each bite moist and delicious. —Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat brown sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Stir in pears. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and ginger. Stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Pear Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p96
Reviews for Ginger Pear Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review