- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat brown sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Stir in pears. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and ginger. Stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Ginger Pear Muffins
Sort By :
"This is a fantastic recipe. I took them to school, and the teachers thought I was an excellent baker. Ha! I just told them I have good recipes. Thanks, Taste of Home!"
"These were a hit at the Youth conference. all gone. made them just as the recipe said."
"Made these last night. They were a hit with me and my youngest. Would double the topping next time. Not quite enough. Will make them again. Very light and doesn't sit heavy in the stomach."
"This is a great recipe! I added crystallized ginger in a tiny dice to the tops of the muffins before baking. The additional ginger gave them a great flavor, and a bit of an added crunch to the top."
"Can these be made with canned pears if desperate and no fresh pears available? I am not a big muffin fan but these look delicious!"