Ginger Pear Muffins Recipe
This wonderful recipe has been in my files for years. The chunks of fresh pear make each bite moist and delicious. Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, beat the brown sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Stir in pears. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and ginger. Stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Pear Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p96
Reviews for Ginger Pear Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
These muffins are first rate! I added 2 tablespoons of rolled oats to the topping mixture. The pears were Bartlett. Very moist and delicious.