Ginger Pear Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, beat the brown sugar, oil and egg until well blended. Beat in buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Stir in pears. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and ginger. Stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Ginger Pear Muffins(7)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! I added crystallized ginger in a tiny dice to the tops of the muffins before baking. The additional ginger gave them a great flavor, and a bit of an added crunch to the top.
Can these be made with canned pears if desperate and no fresh pears available? I am not a big muffin fan but these look delicious!
Went to the store yesterday to get just get the pears. Made them. Couldn't wait for them to cool. So good, moist and wonderful flavor. Gave a few to neighbor who said they where reallllllly good. A keeper.
Delicate flavour, bursting with pear goodness and very moist. A definite make again!
Just took these out of the oven and they are fabulous! I added 1/3 cups of rolled oats to the topping mixture. Also this made 20 cupcake size muffins.