Ginger Pear Bread Recipe
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, drizzle pears with lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pear mixture.
- 3. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 175 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Pear Bread
"Glad it has been enjoyed!"
"Very nice moist bread!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe! I used larger chunks of pear and it worked great. Will definitely make this again!"
"Delicious!!! the whole family ate it!!!"
"Very tasty bread. The outside was nicely browned and the inside moist and slightly crumbly. The pear chunks and spices made it perfect."
"Simply wonderful! The family loved it. Will make it again often."