Ginger-Peach Pork Skillet Recipe
Leftover grilled pork, packaged rice and a jazzed-up frozen stir-fry blend speed up this saucy, sweet skillet dish with a little bit of heat. —Elizabeth Perkins, South Riding, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sliced grilled pork tenderloin
- 1. Stir-fry vegetable blend in oil in a large skillet or wok, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the preserves, teriyaki sauce, ginger, salt, garlic powder and pepper flakes.
- 2. Whisk broth and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Stir peaches and pork into the skillet and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC