Ginger Peach Pies
I love ginger in any way, shape or form, so I always look for ways to include it in recipes, especially desserts. Peaches and ginger star in this mini pie that offers the right amount of sweetness and spice. —Rae Endicott, Branson, Missouri
5 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 3-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 9 tablespoons shortening, cubed
- 6 to 9 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- OPTIONAL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening
- until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork, until dough
- forms a ball.
- Divide dough into seven portions; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.