Ginger Peach Pies Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 9 tablespoons shortening, cubed
- 6 to 9 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- OPTIONAL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork, until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough into seven portions; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out five portions of dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plates and trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plates; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt. Add to peaches and toss to coat. Transfer to pie shells. Dot with butter. Transfer pies to a baking sheet.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll remaining pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in.cookie cutters. Arrange over pies. If a streusel topping is desired, combine remaining pastry with crystallized ginger and coarse sugar; sprinkle over pies.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 5 mini pies.
Originally published as Ginger Peach Pies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p158
Reviews for Ginger Peach Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review